Envision is Andrews University's Department of Communication award-winning magazine. The Christian collegiate lifestyle publication is produced entirely by students, and since our spring 2010 debut, has showcased the pool of emerging student talent on our campus.
We believe that producing a magazine entirely by students allows a unique insight into the publication industry as well as valuable experience, whether it's in design, photography, art, modeling, journalism, or business. This is a place for all students to express their creativity, no matter what their majors or interests are.
While our publication brings attention to our students' God-given talents, we take particular pride in our Christian mission. Christians are called by God to envision. We look back and envision Creation; we look back and envision the Cross. We look at the present world and envision our role in it. We look forward and upward and envision the 2nd Coming of Christ and the establishment of the Earth made new. We constantly envision. These areas preoccupy the fixed gaze of Envision magazine.
Scripture underscores the crucial importance of "envisioning" for God's youth (see Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17). As a magazine uniquely positioned to be "of, by, and for" God's young people we try to call attention to issues and matters of relevance.
Envision publishes an all-color magazine yearly, as well as the Envision blog. Please click through the website to learn more about the talented Envision staff, sponsors and more! Your feedback is always welcome.
...your old men shall dream dreams,
your young men shall see visions
The Associated Church Press (ACP) Awards 2013
- 2013 | Reporting and Writing- Department. Nancy Mitchell
- 2013 | Reporting and Writing- Personally Useful Article. Nancy Mitchell, author and Kevin Naitram, photographer.
- 2013 | Graphics- Magazine Designs, Entire Issue. Diane Myers, Victor Mills, Ivan Ruiz, Lindsey Weigley, Katerina Adamos, Hannah Schooler, Sam Estrella-Boyland, Rob Oxley and Tyler Dooks.
**ACP is the oldest association of Christian publishers in the U.S**
Society of Adventist Communicators Awards 2011
- 2011 | Best in Class: Magazine Cover Design
- 2011 | Best in Class: Magazine Design Overall
- 2011 | Reger Smith 'Cutting Edge' Award for Innovation